As you can see we started 2012 with a very full Regional Alliance Meeting. There are many important dates in the minutes below.
Our next meeting is February 16th at noon at Carinos in Loveland.
2011 Recap and 2012 Goals
Life Point Church
- Great response within their church. There are many families looking into various ways they can get involved and care for orphans. Very exciting for their first event!
- Their vision/desire is we do one big event with all the churches – potentially at the Lincoln Center.
Kids 4 Kyla
- This past year they raised $10,000 for their foundation!!
- April 7th is their next event from 6-9pm at Room With a View – St. Michaels Square in Greeley. It is called Creating the Legacy “Giving to Our First Family.” It will include wine tasting, hors d’oeuvres, silent auction … and giving to their first family! They are currently accepting applications to receive this grant. Please visit their website at www.kidsforkyla.com to print the application. Applications are required to be received by Feb. 17!!!
- What an exciting year with Uganda! In October they started taking care of babies at their Babies of Destiny village. They are currently raising funds to care for the babies and create scholarships for families in Northern Colorado and Wyoming to adopt them. They are working with Nightlight Adoption Agency to facilitate this. One fundraiser is the “3’s for Destiny”. Pr. Kevin coaches the Heritage Christian Varsity Basketball Team. They are raising money for the village with every 3 point shot the team makes.
- They recently had His Little Feet kids choir perform at their church.
- And they are starting their own orphan ministry called “The Father’s Heart.” They would like to partner with other churches to provide a parent’s night out. They are also publishing their first email newsletter with testimonies and local events.
- If you would like to be on their distribution list, please reply to Kari with your name and email address!
- Timberline had their Orphan Care Weekend and featured Kristin Orphan’s band, live drama and more. They also held a love offering for the Finally Home Foundation, Safe Families, and a new program they are working on that will help renovate foster and adoptive families homes.
- Children’s Ministry partnered with Kids Against and packed over 17,000 meals that are on their way to Ethiopia.
- There have been many exciting updates on Safe Families! They will have an office in the Life Community Center which will be a hub for resources.
- The main next step is to identify the Coordinator needed to go forward. Please join us in prayer that the right person is called.
Kairos Youth & Family Services
- Kairos is a nonprofit organization dedicated to assisting children between the ages of 12 and 18 who are the victims of criminal sexual conduct & sexual exploitation and sexual abuse. In March they will be opening their first treatment center in Loveland.
- They are working with the FBI and law enforcement to rescue and restore these young girls.
- The average stay for these girls is 2 years. The first year focuses on healing the exterior and surface behavior. The second year focuses on inner healing.
- There are only 3 programs doing this in the United States. The big difference with their program is that it includes spiritual restoration. They are the first treatment center within a 600 mile radius of Denver.
- Some statistics Loren shared with us:
- Per Capita, Denver leads in youth runaways (almost 6,000 in 2011). In 72 hours, 1 out of 3 of these runaways will be abducted into trafficking.
- Per Capita, Denver leads the sexual exploitation industry
- For 95% of these girls who are trafficked, it traces back to trauma in their home.
- Their goal is to follow the child. So looking at their “Amy’s House.pdf” file, you can see how their plan is to have Residential Treatement Centers, followed by a Transition House and then either Dependent Child Centers or emancipation.
- They will also be looking for Christian homes where they can place these girls after they have completed their program. Ideally they would like to see the girls go back to their family. But in the vast majority of these cases, that is not an option. They will need Christian families to stand in the gap and support these girls.
- We will have an additional meeting in the near future to focus only on Kairos and learn more. Stay tuned for details!
- Perspectives is a 15 week, nationwide study program on missions. It is Biblical, historical, cultural and strategic! Different experts speak on different topics every week. Although it has already started, you can still join in!
- Classes are Mondays from 6-9pm at Timberline Church. It will go through April 30th.
- There are three different levels for this:
- General Reading
- College Credit
- Visit www.perspectives.org for more information
Run for Orphans
Contact: Lynn Peterson
- The official brochures will be ready for the February meeting once the $1000 sponsors are finalized. There’s still time to sponsor at that level – the deadline is January 27th. A commitment is required at that time, money is not due until March 15th.
- Check out the website at www.runfororphansrace.org!!
Finally Home Foundation
- Finally Home Foundation will be offering their next “Surviving and Thriving” Family Wellness Event on Saturday, March 3rd at Faith Evangelical Free Church in Fort Collins from 9-4pm.
- This event is free to families and childcare is provided (with RSVP).
- The goal of this event is to “Make Their Day” – for both parents and kids. Parents will be equipped and kids will go to the “Super Hero Academy” where they will learn about honesty and integrity.
- For more information about this event, please go to www.finallyhomefoundation.net.
- Also, Kristin needs help on her leadership team for Finally Home Foundation. There are many ways to become involved:
- Childcare Coordinator
- Venue Help
- Food Coordinator
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Please let the teams that you’re working with know about this. Also if you’re interested in hosting a future event at your church, please contact Kristin.
Orphan Summit VIII
- Orphan Summit will be May 3-4th at Saddleback Church in Southern California.
- Go to www.summittviii.org for a list of workshops and other important information.
- Please let anyone you know who is interested in adopting through Project 1.27 that the next Orientation will be on March 7th from 7-9pm at Journey Church in Greeley. This is the first step for parents working with Project 1.27
- More information will be available at their website www.project127.com